Tuesday 2 March 2010

Arabian Nights.. better late than never!

Late I know but 1001 stories... um yes please!

Arabian nights blew me away! I honestly could’ve sat in our little Simmies theatre all night listening and delighting in the stories told by my fellow third years. I wanted more.. i wanted the rest! I was so proud of them for the work they’d created; so full of excitement, no wonder Mark suggested we get them on board it would be shame for that to be it and for their ensemble piece to be nothing more than a distant memory. After all the use of musicians who I believe were 1st years... memo to megan GET THEM ON BOARD!... colour and simple staging would be perfect for perhaps one of the grass areas in the garden or even just as part of the procession... hmmmm ideas maybe?! 1001 stories could just keep our mammoth audience entertained until the sing song begins after all the procession isn’t going to make its journey that quickly and they shouldn’t enter into an empty space.

All in all I loved the production full highs lows fun and frolics and i definitely would’ve given them food for their troubles..
I hope Ham house proves to be as successful and I hope we can get everyone on board to create a community within a community!

: )
J

No comments:

Post a Comment